About Me

My photo
Shared Blog in Starting An Agenda Bandung School of Social Welfare

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Poverty Faces in Ciumbeuleuit, Bandung

At last Tuesday, my group and I went around to up land through Dago Pojok and on. On Poverty Problem lecture we must seek poverty in urban fringe. We found Kampung Sangiang Santen the transition area, side of urban in Ciumbeuleuit district. Directly, we headed to RT 10 and met the chairman of RT. They were so friendly and acceptly, far from my expectation if they were apatist, so glad, wasn't I. Honestly, I my self really sad, saw their condition of life. So slumy,so much older people, so much children but had no places for play and study. Number of burden that must been had by the breadwinner so high. Was this face of Bandung? A city with a high budget, a city with lots of outlets and large, lux building of hotels, cafes, restaurants, malls. But, in other side, so much poverty around us, have no living, have no money to hand, have no food to eat. will we just let it? Where is our social sincere? Where is nation solidarity? Are all just a common lie? Are world had change us? Who must be blamed?

No comments:

Post a Comment